Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mighty Uke

Mighty Uke
Release date: 2009
Production oompany: Tiny Goat
Director: Tony Coleman
Run time: 79 minutes
Shown on: Ovation, channel 155 Comcast Baltimore city

This doc was about the resurgence of the ukulele as a serious musical instrument. It had fallen out of favor for several decades. The ukulele is now being used by artists, Hawaiian people, and the Canadian educational system to teach music to its students. This was an interesting doc. It shared the history of the instrument, as well its as falling out of favor. The doc was a way to pass the time and informative, but I would not watch it again.

My DVR is full of documentaries since I found how to search the listings for them. I think my next one will be "The Eyes of Tammy Faye," recommended by "50 Documentaries to See Before You Die."

No comments:

Post a Comment